Ultrasound imaging, also called ultrasound scanning or sonography, obtains images from inside the human body through the use of high-frequency sound waves. The reflected sound wave echoes are recorded and displayed as real-time visual images. Radiation is not used in ultrasound imaging.
Our two ultrasound units perform a wide range of exams including abdominal, OB and breast. The Logiq E9 digital unit, which includes Doppler color flow, also allows for images to be downloaded to a CD.
· Our staff will contact you prior to your scheduled appointment date to confirm your upcoming visit. To make your visit as quick as possible, we will make every effort to pre-register you for your visit.
On the day of your visit:
· Please bring a photo ID, your insurance information and the prescription from your physician to your appointment.
· Wear comfortable clothing.
· You may eat, drink and take medications as usual unless you are advised differently.
· Our radiologists will interpret your images and send a report directly to your doctor. Your doctor will communicate the results of your exam to you.